The department wellness committee is a group that works at the department level and interfaces with the IISc Wellness Centre. The role of the department level committee are:
- Facilitate discussions on mental health issues within the department
- Act as local contact points for any members (students/faculty/staff) seeking information or help on mental health
- Direct the members of the department to resources offered by the IISc wellness centre
- Convey departmental feedback to the Wellness Centre
- Maintain confidentiality
- All issues are treated confidentially, unless you request otherwise.
- In general, you issue may be discussed by the committee as a whole. However, if you prefer, feel free to approach only one person, or a smaller part of the committee for discussions. Please inform the person approach about your confidentiality preferences.
- We may inform the IISc wellness committee if the situation warrants direct intervention by them.
Details of the IISc Wellness Centre can be found at https://wellness.iisc.ac.in/
Few of the confidential resources that are available for all members of the IISc community are:
- Mental health emergency hotline: 080 4711 3444
- There are two Full-rime Counsellors available at IISc - Shreedar and Savitha. You can visit them at the First floor of the Faculty club
- Online counseling services available through YourDost. Details on how to access this service can be found on the IISc Wellness Centre website
- IISc Wellness Centre also organizes workshops and lectures on various issues. Details of these events can be accessed at https://wellness.iisc.ac.in/index.php/calendar/
Other IISc Committees:
- ICASH (Internal Committee Against Sexual Harassment) Website:https://iisc.ac.in/icash/
- Students Affairs Advisor and Student Counsellors (Chair: Prof. Satish Kailash)
- Complaints on case-based discrimination (Chair: Prof. Jayabaskaran of Biochemistry Department)
Feel free to approach us at anytime. Earlier the better!
- You can approach any one or more members of this committee
- You can reach us by email, office phone number (avaiable in the IISc telephone directory) or find us in the department!
- You can also directly contact the IISc wellness centre (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You can also use any of the IISc Wellness Centre resources directly
Other emergency numbers:
IISc Health Centre: 080 2293 2227
Ramaiah Hospital: 080 2360 9999; 080 2360 8888